Tuesday, May 22, 2007

I Wish I Liked It (11 cents)

The concert at Epiphany Church today was by a soprano, a flute and a piano. Perhaps not my favorite combination, and there was nothing in the program that particularly attracted me. Ein Lied von Bach, and works of Philippe Gaubert, Roger Quilter, Edouard Lippe and Sir Henry R. Bishop (talk about names that didn't ring a bell). I debated whether I should just take advantage of the warm weather, but decided to enter the church, find a nice seat, and take out the book of short stories by Albert Moravia that I have been reading at the Tuesday concerts.

I thought that this was one of the weaker concerts. I was not attracted to the solists voice, I thought that the floutist was not up to professional standards. The piano was ok. On a number of flute/soprano pieces, I thought more practice might have helped. I had a hard time believing they were playing the same piece for the most part.

But....

no one left the concert, and

there was quite a bit of applause.

So I wish I liked it, because it looked like everyone else did.

No comments: