Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Congratulations (1 cent)

Congratulations to the Washington Bach Consort for finishing their cycle of Bach cantatas, with their extremely well done performance of Hochsterwunschtes Freudenfest, BWV 194, Tuesday at the Church of the Epiphany. A very large crowd came on a beautiful day.

Too bad my tuna wrap at Au Bon Pain was not as good as the cantata.

After lunch, I picked up a signed copy of Annie Proulx's The Shipping News, which won both the Pulitzer Prize and National Book Award. It was a valuable find for $4. I also picked up a copy of Joe Alsop's memoirs (published posthumously) signed by journalist Adam Platt, who completed the task after Alsop's death. Not worth what The Shipping News is worth, but a find nevertheless. I do not think Platt signed many of the books.

I already wrote about our Korean dinner. It was followed by an hour at Ikea. I really like Ikea.

No comments: