Tuesday, February 06, 2007

A good meal

I hadn't been in the restaurant at One Washington Circle (anyone guess the address?) for years, maybe decade. But I had lunch there today, meeting a friend whose office is equidistant from the hotel in a different direction.

I had salmon, served with "shaved" onions and Jerusalem artichokes. The salmon was about as good as it can be. Moist, tasty and just the right size. The onions were sweet (sweetened?). The Jerusalem artichokes were a problem, though, only because I forgot what they were. They looked like potatoes, but they didn't taste like them, so I thought maybe they were bad potatoes (bad in a unique way), and I ate about three of them, but left on the plate about 20. Had I remembered they what they were, I probably would have liked them, and eaten them.

I also had dessert (how often do I do that at lunch?). I had a lemon-orange tart of some sort. It was only so-so, and I scooped out the insides and left (after just one taste) the crust.

The espresso was perfect, but there sure wasn't much of it.

It was too expensive for lunch (I normally pay about 1/3 the price), but would I go back? For the salmon, to be sure.

No comments: