Sunday, July 31, 2005

Surprise! Surprise!

Yesterday, there were two surprises.

First, when we went with friends to see The Forgotten Opera Company's "Don Giovanni", we learned that the Forgotten Opera Company had forgotten to tell us that their production had been postponed to November.

Second, when we went to Joe Theismann's Restaurant and Sports Bar for dinner (it was near the Alexandria VA venue of the opera-that-wasn't), and expected mediocre food at best, we had excellent, first-class salmon and trout.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Friend. I too attended Wiggins Camp, and I remember a lot. I wish I knew who you are and when you attended. I live in MO still and want to revisit the camp. I have pictures of when I was there. I grew up in Kirkwood. Please contact me at allman_b@hotmail.com. Thanks BL

Joan Christopherson said...

Nothing like posting 5 years later but Wiggins Ozark Camp is one of my fondest memories of growing up. I attended for several years as a camper and while in college I was a counselor for two summers. I've been back to the camp a couple of times in recent years. The Wiggins did an awesome job. I grew up in Kirkwood and knew a few others that went there as well. I now live in Colorado.
Joan Lewis Christopherson