Sunday, February 12, 2006

Just When You Think You Have It All Figured Out (4 cents)

So, I was watching the women's Olympic hockey match between the United States and Germany. It was being broadcast live from Turin. It was the just before the start of the second period. The US was leading 2-0. The phone rang.

It was my daughter asking me a question. I told her I was watching this game and that it was very good, and on the USA network (an NBC affiliate). She turned it on.

We were still talking when the second period started, and my daughter said: "well, we got another one." I didn't know what she was talking about, but decided that maybe I did not hear correctly and would let it pass. Then, about 10 seconds later, I saw the U.S. score its third goal.

This means that my daughter, watching the same USA channel, but on Montgomery County Comcast Cable, saw the game about 10 or 20 seconds before I saw the same game, watching on District of Columbia Comcast Cable.

I thought I had it all figured out.

Now, I am back to ground zero.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

its actually rcn cable