Friday, February 03, 2006

The Sinking of the Egyptian Freighter

Looks like the death toll my approach 1500. Beyond tragic.

There was a note in the MSNBC report that the Israeli navy had offered help, and Egypt declined. Don't know if true, but it reminded me of when the Russian nuclear submarine Kursk sank in the Baltic Sea, and the Russians refused American or English help 'for security reasons'. There, had the help been accepted, the crew would quite possibly have been saved.

As to this sad event, I assume that Pat Robertson will have his explanation ("the Saudis don't accept Jesus")as will Rabbi O.J. ("the Saudis don't study Torah"), and I guess many other of the conspiracy theorists will as well("payback for Saudi participation in 9/11"). And I guess there will be another group who will blame it on the Zionists.

No comments: