Friday, September 29, 2006

This Morning, I heard..... (4 cents)

First, something to give me concern about the Redskins. One of their receivers was being interviewed on TV and was asked how he thought the team would do on Sunday. His answer was "we'll step up to the plate". I don't think they are ready for prime time. (By the way, with a 4:00 p.m. Sunday game, they are running smack into EDT and CDT Kol Nidre - bad planning)

Second, the Orioles beat the Yankees on a one-hitter. Pitcher Daniel Cabrera said: "I thank God for looking out for me and bringing me this close to a no-hitter". That's looking at the glass half full.

Third, the C-Span call in guest this morning was roundly criticized by a caller for referring to Bill Clinton as "President" Clinton. Only GB is president, she was told. So, she corrected herself and later referred to John F. Kennedy simply as "Kennedy". The C-Span call in guest this morning was roundly criticized by a caller for referring to "President" Kennedy, simply as Kennedy.

Finally, a White House spokesperson, talking about recent reports from Jack Abramoff about his administration contacts, said that she was surprised that the media paid attention to any of this. She said (and I paraphrase): how can the media pay attention to something that a liar says about what goes on within the White House? Now, there's a question.

No comments: