Thursday, April 26, 2007

It Makes You Want to Cry

I just read the headlines (and a few of the articles) in the first DC version of The Onion. You know, an article on Earth Day ("Cheney Celebrates Earth Day by Breathing Oxygen"), and on Radio Shack ("Even CEO Can't Figure Out How Radio Shack Still in Business"), and on gender issues ("Female Boss Walking Around Like She Owns the Place").

Enough, I said (my coffee getting cold), I want some hard news before I start my workday. So I turned on my computer, and went to my homepage Drudge Report to see what was new in the world. "India Court Orders Gere's Arrest for Obscene Kiss", "Hugh Grant Arrested Over Baked Beans Attack", and "Man Accused of Dental Work in Garage".

I kid you not. (For you oldtimes, that is paar for the course.)

No comments: