Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Equinox and Peter Mahks (1 cent)

Last spring I had lunch at Equinox, ordered lamb, and had one of the best tasting dishes I have ever had. Last night, back at Equinox for dinner, ordered lamb, and it was a repeat. My word of advice: if you eat at Equinox, get the lamb.

About the same time, Peter Marx wrote a devestating review of Theodore Bikel's excellent performance in "The Disputation", the story of a 13th century debate between a Christian and a Jew in Spain. He tried so hard to find bad things to say about it, that he even criticized Bikel's shoes as being too contemporary. Yesterday, Marx wrote a review of Ariel Dorfman's new play, "Picasso's Closet", which I have not yet seen. This review was reasoned, sophisticated, balanced, and very professional.

The moral of the story: Things that start out best cannot get better, but other things can. (I think that's the moral of the story.)

No comments: