Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Let's Start With Something Important (26 cents)

Obviously, blogging from Israel did not work, and I think I will write up the trip elsewhere, so we are starting here from scratch.

Let's start with something important: Zips.

If you get your clothes into Zips by 9 a.m., you can get them back the same day by 5 p.m. It was when I was leaving the house, with the intention of going to Zips and dropping my clothes off on the way to the office, that it struck me: it was 9:05 a.m. That meant that I would not be able to get my clothes back until tomorrow.

I was furious that I had missed this important deadline. Of course, I did not need my clothes back at 5 p.m. today. And, in fact, even if I had arrived at Zips at 8:59, I had not even intended to pick up my clothes today (and in fact it would be logistically impossible because of my schedule tonight). But I was very mad at myself. And still am.

I have heard of road rage. Can someone explain to me the psychology of clothes rage?

No comments: