Monday, April 11, 2005

Jane Fonda

I really want to read her new book.

Although I own a number of actress's memoirs, I have read relatively few of them. I think that is because I did read Ali MacGraw's autobiography. After seeing Love Story and The Getaway, I thought that Ali MacGraw must be an ideal person. Then I read her book, and discovered that (a) she was a jerk, and (b) she either didn't know it or didn't care. So I soured on reading these books.

Now, about six months ago, when I had an hour or so to spare, I did pick up Tanya Tucker' s autobiography. Not that I really had any idea Tanya Tucker was, but the book was in front of me. Boy, was that boring (I stopped when her father had driven her to her umpteenth recording session; not sure what happened after that). That soured me further.

But I really want to read about Jane Fonda.

And, when I finish her, I am going to go to another woman who has intrigued me for years and just written her autobiography, Phyllis Diller ("I discovered my husband wasn't very bright the day he came home from shopping six hours late, and told me he was caught on an escalator during a power failure."). I need more good one liners in my life.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think your blog would be perfect for posting haikus