Wednesday, April 13, 2005

National Guard to Sponsor My Blog

We are pleased to announce that we have almost finalized arrangements for the National Guard to sponsor My Blog. In the light of the failure of the Guard to work out an arrangement satisfactory to Senator Warner to acquire the naming rights of RFK Stadium (RFK = Ready for Killing), the Guard immediately turned to yours truly to see if naming rights for My Blog were still available.

While the price and terms must remain confidential, the agreement should be signed in the next day or two. The name of My Blog will be changed to NGMB, as the Guard understandably wanted a name that (a) was easy to remember, (b) was easy to pronounce, and (c) gave the reader a clear understanding that the Guard was involved.

(For those of you readers, and there may be a few, who are not able to read 3rd century Aramaic without the Masoretic symbols, I will give you a hint. NGMB is pronounced Beimigin, with, of course, the emphasis on the 'gin')**

** Some have questioned the word "few" in the parenthical above, telling me that hardly any of my regular readers can read 3rd century Aramaic without the Masoretic symbols. That is not correct. I can count the illiterati on the fingers of one hand.

No comments: